Xantrex XW [RE-wrenches]

Dan Rice danrice at scinternet.net
Wed Nov 7 07:02:56 PST 2007

Mark,

Please clarify the point about using the XW controller on a system with an
existing negative-ground bond. Do I understand correctly, that the
controller requires the 1A fuse be installed to operate, even if there's an
external bonding conductor? If so, and there's already an existing
negative-ground bond in the system, this amounts to having two "bonding"
points, which is prohibited by NEC. Besides the fact that, with parallel
current paths, the fuse may blow because current may be flowing through it
(it's become a parallel conductor in the negative conductor current path).
Please clarify.

Dan Rice
Abundant Sun, LLC.