Sanyo HIT panels in off grid app [RE-wrenches]

Allan Sindelar allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Fri Nov 2 16:58:59 PDT 2007

William,
This is an important point. It affects most larger offgrid applications, as
it affects nearly every attempt to use 72V nominal arrays to feed 24V or 48V
batteries; that is, every attempt to raise voltage in order to reduce wire
size and voltage drop on long runs. We have several jobs where 72V arrays no
longer work with CBI DC input breakers rated at 150 VDC (formerly 125VDC)
when we apply the temperature correction tables in the '05 Code, but we have
been solidly assured by Outback's upper techs that in the real world, it's
fine. We're also not in Montana.
Allan at PosEnergy in Santa Fe