generator to use with Trace DR2424 [RE-wrenches]

Larry Crutcher larry at starlightsolar.com
Fri Aug 24 11:37:40 PDT 2007

<x-flowed>

Windy,

I design and install off grid systems in Mexico. We integrate wind
generators, PV and propane generators and automate the system with the
Outback Mate. The generator I use is a Generac QT020, 20 kW, 3600 rpm, 4
cylinder liquid cooled. I have some customers with rental units and the
generator runs 6~8 hours daily. (Beware: renters are extreme wasters of
resources no mater what!) It has been very reliable so far.

Some of my customer have bought their own low cost (cheap) generators. The
higher end of these is the Guardian 2 cylinder, air cooled units. They need
frequent servicing so I would avoid that type. A 20kW generator may seem big
for a 2400VA inverter/charger but I opt for longevity and reliability for
remote locations and especially for rental units.

Larry Crutcher
Starlight Solar
Yuma, AZ