Demand heater for SHW backup [RE-wrenches]

Todd Cory, Mt. Shasta Energy Services toddcory at finestplanet.com
Tue Aug 21 05:10:06 PDT 2007

<x-flowed>

While everyone thinks demand heaters are oh-so-efficient, in all honesty
they really do not save much energy. If you have a SDHW system, you
already have a tank... so super insulate that and use the top element as
your (electric) back up. Propane demand units for backup are prone to
freezing, scaling and not 100% efficient like an electric unit is. If
you must use one of these things, electric is the way to go but be
warned the current draw is huge.

Todd

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php