Compact Fluorescent Lamps [RE-wrenches]

Rob Harlan mendosol at mcn.org
Mon Jul 16 23:05:27 PDT 2007

Joel and Doug,
Environmental Defense has a good on-line bulb guide:
http://www.environmentaldefense.org/page.cfm?tagID=632&campaign=mts
You can enter the parameters such as: cool white, warm white, daylight,
dimmable, Cantelabra, etc an they will tell you which brands of compact
fluorescent bulbs meet your criteria.

Also compact fluorescent lamps with an Energy Star rating are required to
have Color Rendering Indexes above 80. They also have to put their light
color rating (2700K "warm white" to 6500K "daylight") on the bulb (many
manufacturers do not list the rating).  Also Energy Star rated bulbs have to
meet standards for sustaining lumen output over time.

Rob Harlan
Executive Director
Solar Energy Society of Canada
Northern Alberta Chapter