Combining SQFlex PV direct with grid tie [RE-wrenches]

Travis Creswell tcreswell at ozarkenergyservices.com
Sun Jun 17 14:36:11 PDT 2007

Hi Kurt,

We've looked at the same thing several times and only came up with similar
"kluges" so we opted to power the pump with AC and get the largest pressure
tank the available space would hold.  80-120 gallons of reserve will get a
conserving house though a 24hr power outage.  The large spun fiberglass
pressure tanks are readily available for less then $500.

Don’t forget you can't guarantee the sun will be shining during the power
outage so you're still limited by the amount of water stored in the pressure
tank.

Travis Creswell
Ozark Energy Services