warranty issues [RE-wrenches]

Doug Pratt dmpratt at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 9 21:32:00 PDT 2007

Hi Jay,

It's my understanding, based on what I heard from the CSI and PG&E folks at
one of PG&E's all-day intro classes back in March, that CSI is ONLY looking
for warranties on modules and inverters. Not on racking. Definitely not on
roof leaks, not on batteries. There were a lot of sharp questions from
installers about warranties. The CSI folks made it very clear that they're
only expecting to see 10 year warranties on products that the manufacturer
is willing to stick a 10-year warranty onto.

This point DOES need much better clarification in the CSI literature! And
until I see it clearly spelled out I wouldn't bet my life (or business) on
it. Joel's idea of clearly spelling out exactly what you DO and do NOT
warranty is excellent protection in the meanwhile.

Doug Pratt