Tangarie Energy & Windside Turbine Products? [RE-wrenches]

Matt Tritt solarone at charter.net
Wed May 2 09:41:23 PDT 2007

<x-flowed>

David,

Though we haven't done business with Windside, it's not because we don't
know about them. ;-)

In short, I doubt that you will find a more interesting looking or more
expensive wind turbine of any type, anywhere. As I remember, a 5 kW
(rated at around 40 MPH) will cost around $100,000.00 (correct me if I'm
wrong,Windside dealers), but it's also very difficult to determine
exactly what the real output of any of their machines actually is. If
you go to the Windside website (nicely done!) and explore the various
models and performance charts, you will see that you don't get a lot of
power for your money.

My take is that they are very cool art, but not such great devices for
converting wind into electrical energy.

Matt T

David Brearley wrote:

>Wrenches,
>

>Does anyone have experience with the Windside VAWT products (
>http://www.windside.com/ ) or a history of doing business with the US vendor
>for these ( http://www.tangarie-energy.com/ )?
>

>Thanks,
>

>David Brearley
>
>NABCEP Certified Solar PV System Installer (TM)
>

>Meridian Energy Systems
>
>2300 S. Lamar, Suite 107
>
>Austin, TX 78704
>
>512-448-0055 (ph)