The '65 Chevy Impala of PV panels [RE-wrenches]

Mick Abraham mick at abrahamsolar.com
Sat Mar 3 15:43:34 PST 2007

Jim Duncan wrote:

> I have a customer with a small pole-mount array of 2 Siemens SM55s.
> Somehow he totally shattered one of them, 6 feet off the ground. If
> someone has just one in good condition to sell, I am interested.

Mick says: have you noticed item #11.8509 in stock at AEE Solar? This is
model SM55 from a company called Alps Technology. It's polycrystal
instead of single crystal but the power specs and dimensions are nearly
identical to those of the venerable Siemens SM55. It may be a bit wider
but otherwise looks like a direct bolt on replacement, except sparkly
blue instead of flat gray color on the cells. Maybe the customer would
buy two to match then use the remaining Siemens module for some other
small 12v task. Pricing on the Alps unit doesn't look terrific, but none
of the prices are as terrific as they once were...

Mick Abraham
www.abrahamsolar.com

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com