Batten roofs [RE-wrenches]

Steve Fain sfain at unirac.com
Wed Feb 28 08:01:11 PST 2007

Hi Andrew,
	If those battens have any open space inside, crimping something
(like an S-5! clamp) onto them would cause distortion, probably pulling the
copper roof strips on either side of the batten together.  To my knowledge
the S-5! folks don't make a clamp that can accommodate 2" standing seams,
and I haven't heard of anything that will.  At any rate, you'd need to use
brass  between the copper and the racks or module frames----aluminum in
direct contact with copper would melt away in no time from galvanic
corrosion.  Custom brass clamps for 2" standing seams might end up costing
around $60 to $80 each if UniRac made them.  You'd use at least 25 or 30
clamps---more if you're in a higher wind area.  I'll bet those welded
flashings are looking better to you now!

Steve Fain
Customer Service/ Tech Support
UniRac, Inc.
1411 Broadway Blvd. NE