208 V 2 pole meter solution [RE-wrenches]

Steve Johnson stevejohnson at comcast.net
Thu Dec 27 09:31:38 PST 2007

Well, the solution, in this case is to add a "5th terminal"  this is a
lug that gets added to the meter and allows a "form 12s network meter"
to read 2 phases of a 3 phase service.  At least thats what I am told by
local meter dept.  I may now check my other installation (which is out
of town) against the inverter kwh and see if they are close.  I think
the form 2s meter might read low if there is a problem.

google books link
http://books.google.com/books?id=c0EzRqhRrmsC&pg=PA50&lpg=PA50&dq=12s+network+meter&source=web&ots=w2bYhbBzn2&sig=yv6mrgRWuZqfkFNJqIwpFGapErw#PPA50,M1

An Account Reviewers Guide to Electric Meter Troubleshooting
 By Virgil Johnson

http://www.csu.org/extrx/util_dev_svcs/svc_standards/electric/chapter/appendix_e.pdf

page 4.

Jeff and Darryl say their installations are tracking the inverter kwh
reading ok,  so I don't know what it all means.  The 5th terminal is a
$6 add on and makes the local meter dept happy so I'll keep the local
peace.

Steve

jeff wrote:

> I concur with Darryl.  We've used several CL200 240V 3W (single phase)
> glass
> bulb meters connected line to line on 208Y120 three phase service and
> they
> work just fine, meaning that over time the meter reading and inverter
> E-total are within a few percent of each other.
>
> If you have doubts or need meter help, Austin International in SC is
> pretty
> helpful.
>
> Jeff Irish
> Hudson Valley Clean Energy