Through-roof flashings? [RE-wrenches]

Nick Houser offgrid at prcn.org
Sat Dec 8 16:02:28 PST 2007

 We just don't do it anymore.  After many semi-sucessful
attempts (read Half-assed) to come up with a professional,
25 year plus method, we now combine the functions of a "combiner" box
and flashing by gooping and screwing the Carlon-type box
right to the roof surface. These rain-tight boxes are widely available
in many sizes and are easily drilled or hole-sawed for
conduit connectors or raintite strain reliefs.  We use a good marine
sealant like Sika-flex which will last forever under the box
out of the sun.  Lots of room in the box for fuses or
terminal blocks if necessary. You will need SOME kind of
J-box even with the small systems; this meets all our requiremants
nicely. If located behind the array or sub-array it's not even an
eyesore.  Nick Houser  Off Grid Services,  Powell River BC

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com
This email was sent to: michael.welch at re-wrenches.org