Magnum Inverters - RF issues, charging params... [RE-wrenches]

Larry Crutcher, Starlight Solar larry at starlightsolar.com
Thu Nov 29 14:32:46 PST 2007

I have installed a few of the MS2012 in RV's. Some people have had
trouble with the remote going blank or locking up. A simple
unplug-replug of the data cable resets it. RFI??

Trojan batteries are some of our top sellers to RV'ers and they call for
2.47vpc absorb voltage. The MS2012 is fixed at 2.43vpc. Not too far off
but it would be nice to have it adjustable.

Some RV generators drop to a low RPM with no load. When the transfer
switch connects to the inverter it trips out on low voltage. Major PITA
because the customer has to reset the inverter, turn off the charger,
start another load (like the microwave)to pull up the generator, then go
turn the charger back on. The low RPM on the generator can be defeated
but most don't want that.

Larry Crutcher
Starlight Solar
Yuma, AZ
Renewable Energy Products Powered by STARLIGHT

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com
This email was sent to: michael.welch at re-wrenches.org