Installing Solar Hot Water Over Metal Roof Decking [RE-wrenches]

August Goers august at luminalt.com
Tue Nov 13 07:28:34 PST 2007

Hi Wrenches -

I have a project coming up where we're installing solar hot water collectors on a commercial flat roof. The roof decking is 20 gauge steel and the metal joists are approximately 8' apart. I don't have much more detail available at this point.

Does anyone have experience or ideas in mounting thermal collectors on this type of roof? There are several PV racking products on the market which are ballasted and/or affixed to the roof decking with screws but I'm not aware of any products which are compatible with solar thermal.

Thanks, August

Luminalt

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php