Generwreck auto start [RE-wrenches]

Nick Lucchese nickl at sierrasolar.com
Wed Oct 24 16:15:30 PDT 2007

Greetings Fellow Wrenches,
  Caught in the middle of trying to auto start a Generac Guardian 5242
13 KW propane generator with an Outback inverter. No problems on the
Outback end, been doing that successfully for years. The customer
previously purchased the said generator and even after scouring the
manual I cannot find
which two wires to hook up to the relay on the other end of the Aux
outputs. Has anyone on this list come across this before? The unit
also came with it's own automatic transfer switch so it appears that
I may be able to parallel my relay wires in there. The only thing I
can find in the manual is a little block showing "12vdc transfer
coil". From there nothing else seems obvious in their manual and I'd
like to go back armed with a little info on what to look for. Any
suggestions/experiences appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your time,

Nick A Lucchese

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com