Fw: battery boxes [RE-wrenches]

Allan Sindelar allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Sat Oct 6 16:13:19 PDT 2007

Wrenches,
This is being posted on behalf of Randy Cone of Zephyr Industries, maker of the Power Vent.
Allan at Positive Energy

Thanks for mentioning the Power Vent in your post. In the interest of safety I am wondering if you would post a comment from me as I am only a reader of the list and have had difficulty working out with Michael being a member.

My two cents:
I highly recommend not making airtight battery boxes or battery rooms. Hydrogen easily disseminates and combines if allowed to do so. Why try to make a bomb? It has happened in one instance I know of when an installer sealed everything up tight except for the vent. With no make up air in an airtight environment, venting using any method is unlikely.
Randy Cone
Zephyr Industries

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php