generator to use with Trace DR2424 -- and how am I? [RE-wrenches]

Windy Dankoff windydankoff at mac.com
Sun Aug 26 10:11:58 PDT 2007

<x-flowed>

Wrenches,

Thanks all for the generator advice. I got sufficient consensus now
on the best direction. This was owner's residence and now she's
renting it out. Tenant is imposing additional loads with electric
music and recording equipment. Owner requires tenant to buy the
generator, so their desire is not too expensive but also very
portable and quiet. So I'm advising that they choose a 1200-2000 watt
inverter-generator of a good brand from a local supplier.

> Windy my friend, how the heck are ya?  ...
> Hope all is well in retirement land Windy!
> Roy Butler

Roy and friends -- I'm most heckly fine! I transitioned out of the
workaday life gradually over a couple years so it wasn't a shock
(seriously). A big transition was to release my self-identity of "I
am what I do" by learning to delegate management to others. That was
the shock stage (took about 6 years) as I had created so much myself
that I was in an ego trap and did not  let go easily. Eventually, I
learned to release the bonds and to love it as I saw the organization
around me tackling my old tasks (and failings) better than I ever
could. I felt complete when I backed out seeing no critical gap left
by my absence. I still visit Conergy every couple weeks or so to
advise a bit, and to see the progress, to continue relationships, and
offer the occasional shoulder to cry on.

Outside of that, I do a little networking and random support. I
disclaim active expertise -- but I know who to connect others with. I
am also a musician, flutemaker and sculptor and best of all, I mentor
two grandsons in learning how to learn through their hands and minds.
To teach a 6-year old boy to sculpt wood with razor-sharp tools (and
get less cuts than I do) -- that's an example of my greatest joy now.
I've also returned to wilderness camping, which led me to a career
related to environmental protection in the first place.

So there's the nutshell. I am happy to connect with any of you off-list.

Windy

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com