Inverter Communication [RE-wrenches]

Jeff Yago jryago at netscape.com
Thu Jul 12 12:17:50 PDT 2007

We are designing a large grid-tie pv system for the architects of a new Science Building that will be built at a nearby University. However, they want a system that can be tied into a large data display screen that will be in the lobby which will be provided by another firm since it will also display daily schedules and events. The school wants "live" data display of the pv system flashed on this display. I have installed several multiple Fronius inverter systems that included their data card which we were able to access from a desktop computer and download and graph the monthly data, but I am not sure if this data can be accessed "live" to a display by others.

What inverters have you used that would allow a live external display of all inverter data without having to design some kind of computerized "black box" interface device? We are not computer experts, and were hoping we could provide an estimated six inverters that would allow easy remote reading of their individual current power levels and performance.

Thanks,

Jeff Yago
Dunimis Technology Inc.

Netscape.  Just the Net You Need.