Battery Experience/Suggestions for Grid Tie? [RE-wrenches]

Travis Creswell tcreswell at ozarkenergyservices.com
Wed May 23 07:22:48 PDT 2007

Hello All,

We’ve got several grid tie customers with aging or dead Concorde AGM battery
banks.  They feel that they got pretty poor calendar (4-6 years) life from
these batteries and the customers are not that excited about going back with
another ~5 year battery bank.  We did about 20 systems in 1999 with
Concordes and only one of them is still alive.  All in all we weren’t that
impressed with Concordes.  How have MK AGMS been doing for folks?  We’ve got
a few really small sets out there

Both of these customers have budgets and I think would tolerate paying more
for batteries in exchange for getting a longed life battery bank.  Both
banks are in the basement but with some construction we could construct a
venting system so flooded batteries are not out of the question.  But I’m
not sure either of these customers would properly maintain flooded
batteries.

So what batteries should I be looking at?  I’m pretty sure we need to just
skip right past T-105 and L-16.  What about the HUP or similar in float
service?  One customer has several multi day power outages annually.  The
other rarely looses power for more then a few hours a year.

I’ll look forward to suggestions.

Regards,

Travis Creswell

Ozark Energy Services