Digest for RE-wrenches at topica.com, issue 2393 [RE-wrenches]

Geoff Greenfield Geoff at Third-Sun.Com
Wed Apr 25 07:38:37 PDT 2007

Allen - Thanks for the pointer to Midnite.  Their "Baby box" will be the
easiest/cleanest way to get our needed breaker in the circuit.  At $39
retail and $13 for the breaker it is a great value (as the second ps2dc
would have been an option BUT not the right price.

Other suggested kluges (with fuses) would have worked - EXCEPT I think that
the GFI is (officially) not an over current device and is not designed to
protect wires.  William I think it can work as a disconnect (with a fuse for
protection).  I was erroneously told by an Outback tech support guy (not
Steve H) that the GFI had a 50 amp capacity.  This made no sense and I
checked and it is rated at 80 amps per channel.

Thanks all - problem solved!

For a brighter energy future,

Geoff Greenfield
President