Automatic Pump Shut-off [RE-wrenches]

Jeff Yago jryago at netscape.com
Sat Apr 7 21:27:04 PDT 2007

I have a client with a very remote off-grid vacation cabin who is having problems with vandals either using his water and not turning off outside faucets or dis-connecting toe pipe from the remote well and letting water run out across the ground.  Of course this runs down batteries and there are reasons he does not want to shut off power to the pump.   I know I saw a control advertised that uses a current sensor on a well pump and shuts off power if the run-time exceeds a time limit per cycle, but I cannot find it anymore and a Google search gives me 10,000 other type pump controls.

Anybody know of a simple, low cost device designed for this type pump control?

Thanks,

Jeff Yago

Netscape.  Just the Net You Need.

- - - -