Encapsulant for "PV Lite" [RE-wrenches]

Mick Abraham mick at abrahamsolar.com
Tue Mar 13 09:47:23 PDT 2007

Hi, Wrenchers~

I have a client who needs some baby sized PV modules with only 6 crystal
cells in series and about 500 milliamp rating on the cells. They
eventually want to buy OEM quantities but for now they need to build
just 5 to 10 units for samples. They're slightly disinterested in the
"glass w/aluminum frame" type construction, even though I've advised
them that would be most durable. They're more inclined to go with the
the "Lite" type modules where clear plastic encapsulant is poured over
the cells.

Can anyone point me to the proper chemical compound for this? If so,
that would help my client get their prototypes finished.

OEM level suppliers who read this post may contact me off list to
discuss possible volume purchases of the custom mini-modules in either
glass/aluminum or PV-Lite construction style.

Mick Abraham

www.abrahamsolar.com

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com