Attaching SMA inverter to PV mounting pole [RE-wrenches]

Bob Clark bclark at solar-wind.us
Wed Feb 7 17:10:28 PST 2007

Wrenches:

I am looking for an elegant way to attach an SMA inverter to a PV mounting pole. The combiner box and the DC disconnect will probably also be on the pole. Heretofore, we have used shallow Uni-Strut and a threaded rod bent into a U-shape around the pole and attached together with nuts and washers. It's OK, but I am looking for other options that may include a panel (large enough for the inverter, combiner, and DC disconnect) and strapping--something that does not look so industrial. The advantage of our current method is that it is VERY stout.

Any great ideas or products?

Bob Clark
SolarWind Energy Systems, LLC
bclark at solar-wind.us<mailto:bclark at solar-wind.us>