starting a 1 HP well pump with a VFX3648 [RE-wrenches]

Todd Cory, Mt. Shasta Energy Services toddcory at finestplanet.com
Fri Jan 26 10:53:35 PST 2007

<x-flowed>

Wrenches,

I have an off grid customer with a Outback VFX3648. They have a 3 wire,
1 HP well pump that is on the hairy edge of operating, occasionally
overloading the inverter on startup. I have thought about the possible
easy solutions to this problem. One is a suggestion I have heard from
wrenches about changing the starting capacitor on the pump's starter.
Does this work and if so does anyone know which way to go (larger mfd or
smaller)? Also is there an after market "soft start" unit that could be
put on this pump? Any other options / suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Todd

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com