Solar Slavery [RE-wrenches]

Jeff Yago jryago at netscape.com
Fri Dec 22 23:06:46 PST 2006

I underatand that the Left Coast has more solar going on and the state has started to add more regulations on the industry.   However, every time a state or federal agency gets into a lawsuite for something, they sit down and add another requirement in their bid specs to pass this risk on to someone else, and in many cases thats bidders and contractors.

What these pin heads need to understand is thats why THEY have insurance.  In other words, if you have a $1 million dollar general liability policy, and they want you to have $2 million, why not ask for $3 million, or $4 million, or $5 million.  Its all just a guess about risk.   All you need to do is play their game there way - just turn in 2 or 3 bids for the same project and keep everything the same except show a higher price for each level of insurance they ask for.    When every project is $5000.00 higher and all they get is added insurance, let them see that cost and that they are paying it not you!

You let the public know all state funded (or rebate) solar projects cost 20% more than the same exact system would cost installed in any other state and why.    I say give the customer what they want.  If they want you to be an insurance provider for them and protect them from every possible risk, I say great, just sell them an insurance policy along with a solar system and send them both invoices!

Jeff Yago

Netscape.  Just the Net You Need.

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com