outdoor mounting. [RE-wrenches]

Christopher Freitas --- OutBack Power cfreitas at outbackpower.com
Tue Dec 19 18:26:05 PST 2006

Jay -

I understand the need for something off the shelf - I personally have
found that most inspectors are concerned only about the
wiring/breakers/connections being enclosed in listed enclosures - as far
as the entire system itself - they are comfortable with un-listed
options (such as a site built equipment closet/shed etc. What kind of
batteries will you be using?  Sealed? Vented? That is often a bigger
problem than enclosing the inverter itself.

The only issue with the PS1 is that it was not designed to allow it to
be built up without the MX60 and GFP installed - it was listed as a
complete assembly only and there would be openings in parts of the
enclosure for the missing parts.  We have planned on a new variant of
the PS1 without these parts in it (but they could be field installed
later with a kit) but it has been not as high priority as other projects
- Sorry.

Give me some more detail as to all of the items included in the system
which need to be enclosed and I will give you some "off-the-shelf"
options.  I think this would be a good exercise for myself and
interested wrenches as I have had this question several times before.

Christopher Freitas
OutBack Power Systems, Inc.
cfreitas @ outbackpower.com
www.outbackpower.com