PV degradation [RE-wrenches]

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 17 08:34:59 PST 2006

Why not use your solar monitor? Solar radiation
measuring device to measure the solar radiation and
then determine the module performance degradation, and
by the way what solar monitor do you use and where did
you get it?
Darryl
--- Allan Sindelar <allan at positiveenergysolar.com>
wrote:

> Bill,
> Thank you for correcting my mistake about EVA, as
> opposed to Tedlar, being
> the component causing the browning. I am surprised
> that it was only 10-12
> years ago, but I guess I am regularly reminded by
> things like this just how
> young this industry really is.
>
> The 50% was not lack of voltage, though. It's an old
> 12V system, and one
> upgrade several years ago was a Solar Boost 50
> running 24V in/12V out, in
> order to minimize line losses and the very problem
> you describe. The
> combined output to the batteries is reduced by
> roughly that amount.
>
> Allan

http://mail.yahoo.com

- - - -