Electricity Costs [RE-wrenches]

Jim Easton jim at altenertec.com
Wed Nov 29 08:37:28 PST 2006

System costs have been a very delicate issue for us.

Off-Grid is a special case. Nobody goes off grid without a reason.

On-Grid raises the difficult subject for most buyers of comparing a definite
cost now with greatly uncertain future costs and technologies.  It is rare
that I find a customer who has the foggiest idea even of how to approach the
issue rationally.

What seems certain is that PV is one of the few ways a homeowner or small
business can cap utility costs, and that the ecological impact of PV
electricity usage is less than of utility.

We have been selling a high percentage of combined solar thermal and PV.
This makes sense to us, and apparently also to many of our customers.

Jim Easton
Alternative Energy Technologies
CSL: 852243
9465-B Mission Park Place