Tri-Metric program question [RE-wrenches]

Ray Walters walters at taosnet.com
Fri Oct 20 11:13:39 PDT 2006

<x-flowed>

Hi Allan;

It seems we really need a whole different meter. I think your solutions
would work, but the essential issue is that 99.5% of the time, the
Trimetric isn't giving you any useful info. A meter that could track
sell back, AC load usage both real time and cumulative KWH, and do what
the Trimetric does in battery use (when the grid is  down) is what we need.
My customers don't usually even know when the grid is out, and they
should know, so that they could alter their usage. My dream meter would
need a warning light or bell to indicate (Grid down, you're on the
batteries, turn the TV off please....)
For now, I let the customers know the pros and cons of the Trimetric,
vs. the Mate, vs nothing. Most are now chosing the nothing route. The
Outback Inverter at least has lights to show grid or inverter status,
and a crude battery voltage LED.
There's a market here, for any manufacturers/ inventors lurking....

Ray Walters

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php