C/5 - C/30 ? [RE-wrenches]

Bob Ellison ellison at gisco.net
Thu Oct 5 14:45:44 PDT 2006

Most of the commercial chargers I have seen are taper chargers and their
version of an EQ charge is to hold the battery at the bulk charge voltage
for 3 hours or so every 5th charge. They are big and slow, they do not have
3 stage charging for fast charging with reasonable charge times like we use.
The 80 volts packs that I service regularly run up to 106 volts when
charging. Then taper off. You have to remember that they work the fork lifts
for an 8 or 12 hour shift or 2 of them, then generally charge the hell out
of them for 8 hours.

There are some high frequency chargers out there but so far I have not been
happy with their performance.
The sound they make is something else altogether.

Later,
Bob