diode for BP panel [RE-wrenches]

wratterman at SunEnergyPower.com wratterman at SunEnergyPower.com
Sat Sep 30 13:02:22 PDT 2006

Ron:

Do you know what his application for the panel is, and whether or not he
is using one at a time, or an array of panels?

Most of my work is stand-alone systems in the developing world, where
one of the biggest problems is the presence of the diode, because under
reverse polarity conditions, it burns up, and often damages the leads
coming from the panel in the process - rendering the panel useless.  We
actually remove and throw out the diodes wherever we come across them.

Just curious as to the application.

Thanks,

Walt Ratterman
SunEnergy Power

-----Original Message-----
From: Ron Young [mailto:solareagle at solareagle.com]
Sent: Saturday, September 30, 2006 12:45 PM
To: RE-wrenches at topica.com
Subject: diode for BP panel [RE-wrenches]

Hi all,
I have a client with some BP85 laser groove panels that were purchased
a few years ago when they were still available in NA. He has blown a
diode and wants to replace it but I have tried all my usual suppliers
and can not the the beast. He really wants the OEM part if possible
because it plugs into the receptacle in the module. I have given him a
workaround part (same amps) just to get his panel operational but would
really like to get the right part. Can anyone help? Here is a pic of
the actual diode, as you can see it's a little different than most.
Apparently it's a bridge rectifier of some kind.

http://cariboo-net.com/temp/BPdiode.jpg

Ron Young
Solareagle.com

- - - -