setting wind tower screw in anckors [RE-wrenches]

David Blecker blecker at seventhgenergy.org
Fri Sep 22 19:20:11 PDT 2006

<x-flowed>

Darryl

We haven't used screw in anchors for any turbines but we've used them
to erect about 60 met towers.....

We still do it the old fashioned way...by hand.  But we rigged up a
super long bar hinged on two sides at about 2-1/2 feet out from the
center with 3-ft extensions.  Two people can develop a lot of torque
and the hinges allow us to stay more or less upright as we turn and
turn and turn....

I agree with Roy....for wind turbines go with concrete
yessiree!  Just make sure to pour enough mass to resist the pull-out
force.  Or dig a big enough hole to pour a footing.  I doubt a 5-inch
diameter 4-foot long slug of concrete would have enough holding power
to keep your tower vertically inclinated.

Dave

At 06:22 AM 9/18/2006, you wrote:

>HI
>What do folks use to set wind tower screw-in anckors?
>By hand is just so hard, and a post hole digger spins
>to fast.  Thanks
>Darryl

>http://mail.yahoo.com
>

>- - - -