Uni-Solar PVL Laminates? [RE-wrenches]

Randy Brooks Randy at BrooksSolar.com
Wed Sep 20 10:06:39 PDT 2006

<x-flowed>

Travis,

Yes, DC Power has them (800-398-4456) and SunWize can also get them
for you again now.

We've been a certified installer since 2001 and have installed five
systems since that time.  It is important to become a certified
installer - to get the lamination right, and for the installation to
qualify for the Uni-Solar warranty.  Contact Terence Parker
(tparker at uni-solar.com) for training locations and product info.

We've had no problems with quality control (all modules produced
expected output out of the box), and no call backs for these
systems.  Uni-Solar modules perform differently than crystalline
modules in hot and cold conditions, so be sure to follow the
installation manual carefully.  The manual also includes roofing
types that must be used for the warranty to be valid.

Once you get comfortable with the product, it's a pretty easy install
compared to rack mounted crystalline modules.  I've only used the PVL
modules, not the solar shingles (which I've shied away from because
of the multiple roof penetrations required.)  I'd encourage you to
give the PVLs a try.  Feel free to contact me directly with any
specific questions.  I can scan and e-mail you excerpts from the
manual on roof types, etc. but I don't have the manual in electronic
form.

take care,

Randy Brooks
Brooks Solar, Inc.