Battery strings [RE-wrenches]

Chris Worcester chris at solarwindworks.com
Wed Sep 20 07:38:47 PDT 2006

Hi Ray,

There are (4) 4/0 going to the batteries from each buss; (2) to each series
string. The Cobra Flex is THW with a 360A rating in free air, which it is.
Looks like the (4) can carry 1440 amps to me. With the inverters rated at
3600 watts & low battery cut out set at 45.2 volts the amps draw is 79.6A
per inverter x 10 is 796A. This is how I did the math. How are others
setting up these large battery/inverter/charger systems?

Sincerely,

Chris Worcester
NABCEP Certified PV Installer
USA Distributor of Proven Wind Turbines