Solectria Inverters [RE-wrenches]

Jeff Clearwater clrwater at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 19 20:11:05 PDT 2006

<x-flowed>

Hi Max,

Mostly good.  James Warden has years of experience building inverters
for the much more demanding environment of AC drive electric
vehicles.  He used the same core technology to develop his PV
inverters.  The small ones  (1800 and 2500 Watt) are actually made
for him in Europe.  The PVI13KW and the PVI 75 and 90 KW are made in
MA using those EV inverter cores.

It's a small company but the technical know-how and standards are
very high.  James is very sharp.  His electric vehicle drives were
the best in the industry for a while there.

We've so far installed several 1800s and 2500s and 4 PVI 13 KWs and 1
75 KW.  All are running well - they did have to fly out and tweak
some software on the 13 KW and had one 13 core act up.  But they
fixed it faster than snap.

The 1800s and 2500s come prewired with tails leading to Liquid Tight
fittings so it's easy to install.

Hope that helps!

Best,

Jeff C.

>What kind of experience have people had with Solectra Inverters??
>
>Max Balchowsky
>SEE Systems
>100 S. Sunrise wy # 285
>Palm Springs, Ca. 92262
>760-403-6810
>
>"Creating a Better Future For The Next Generation"
>

>- - - -
>
>Archive of previous messages: http://lists.topica.com/lists/RE-wrenches/read
>
>List rules & how to change your email address:
>www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php
>
>Check out participant bios: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/
>
>Hosted by Home Power magazine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jeff Clearwater
Village Power Design
Sustainable Energy & Water Solutions for Home & Village
http://www.villagepower.com
gosolar at villagepower.com
NABCEP (tm) Certified Solar PV Installer

530-470-9166
877-SOLARVillage
877-765-2784
72 Baker Rd.