Commercial systems [RE-wrenches]

wratterman at SunEnergyPower.com wratterman at SunEnergyPower.com
Thu Sep 7 12:11:45 PDT 2006

Tom:

This is indeed a very complex set of formulas you are asking for.

There are so many variables involved in really answering the questions
that it takes a great deal of time, and many spread sheet variables to
do it correctly.

The answers are DRASTICALLY affected not only by the various state
programs, the actual cost of power from the utility in question, various
net metering cut-offs or regulations, and most importantly, the tax
appetite of the individual investor.  The issues you have highlighted
point (appropriately) to the non-energy economical benefits that are
derived from various incentives, energy tax credits, accelerated
depreciation and other similar financial instruments.  Some of these are
of no value to a particular investor, and some are of a high value.

Unfortunately, if you find a "quickie" formula on a website, you can
almost be assured that it will not be accurate.

But, if you do find one that proves me wrong, I would be delighted to be
the first to admit it, and please let me know.

Thanks,

Walt Ratterman
SunEnergy Power