LADWP [RE-wrenches]

Graham Owen graham at solarexpert.com
Tue Aug 1 10:01:07 PDT 2006

Hi Joel,

Now I'm wondering who personally coined the phrase "100 Thousand Solar
roofs"?  Did this individual know the stated funding for the solar program
would never even come close to achieving this objective, and perhaps also
knew the budget hawks would find these numbers threatening?  Maybe this
simple overstated goal was an intentional nail in the coffin, before it was
even opened?  Perhaps a goal of 10 thousand solar roofs would have met less
resistance?

Graham