Outback dealer protection? [RE-wrenches]

Christopher Freitas --- OutBack Power cfreitas at outbackpower.com
Mon Jul 10 13:13:47 PDT 2006

Hey David - I would very much like to discuss with you the details of
this "xantrex" like situation.

We all here at OutBack are aware of the many traps that can happen as
companies grow and succeed.  Having been through it myself with several
companies it is an issue which we (the management and employees) discuss
often.  I would appreciate your time to understand what happened in the
situation you experienced.

I do strongly disagree with your suggestion that OutBack is somehow
valuing the wholesale direct seller over the company making service
calls.  We have tried hard to keep the internet discounting of OutBack
products to a minimum and we do not sell to any of these companies
directly to our knowledge.  I am very interested in understanding what
gave you the idea that we didn't value you as a professional installer.

I do realize the importance that all you in the wrench community are to
the success of OutBack - both in the past and in the future. Mistakes do
occur and we will take responsibility for it when it happens and will
make corrections to prevent it from occurring again.

Christopher Freitas
OutBack Power Systems, Inc.
cfreitas @ outbackpower.com
www.outbackpower.com