Wiring SQE Pumps [RE-wrenches]

Ray Walters walters at taosnet.com
Tue Jun 27 20:59:43 PDT 2006

Here’s your chance to tell some of the most important names in
retailing and household products what’s on your mind. You could win
a free iPod Nano by signing up for our new consumer opinion panel
and filling out a brief survey.
http://click.topica.com/caaeTvObz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ HomeWorldResearch

Hi Windy;

I know that would work to turn on the pump, but the constant pressure
really is a constant 50 psi. There is no high or low, so I figured  I
could set it to come on at say 45 psi(set on the conventional p switch)
but how would it shut off? It wants to just sit there and run at 50 psi.
If I set the cut off pressure above 50 it won't shut off, below 50 and
it would never really come on, and right at 50 and it might shut on and
off and freak its little variable speed computer heart right out.
I thought of using a conventional P switch for on and then have a relay
set up to sense when voltage to the pump from the controller went to 0.,
when the controller thinks it doesn't need anymore water. Then when the
p switch comes on again it somehow resets the relay and we do it all
over again. They're really a bizarre controller with a pressure
transducer not a switch (this was the Franklin Monodrive which
apparently can work on any conventional AC Franklin motored pump)
I haven't measured its no load draw yet, but the Transformer and SW4024
are better than 20 watts no load.
Maybe I should do as I do with Outbacks: leave it on and throw more PV
at it. I considered putting back in the old control system as Allan
mentioned, and maybe have a bypass switch setup to go to it? Might be
good if that fancy controller bites some lightning or bad grid AC.

Ray

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com