3-phase generator [RE-wrenches]

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 13 23:11:09 PDT 2006

FREE Zoobooks Elephants ISSUE and tiger POSTER!
Is your child reading? Zoobooks is guaranteed to improve
your child’s reading skills. Click below to sign up now!
http://click.topica.com/caaeTvWbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ Zoobooks

You have lots of choices.
The one I like best is to use three tranformers,
(outback X240)  a three phase rectifier, make DC and
use one of your MX60s to give 3KW of battery charging
on 48 volts.  keep all the power on the Outback
inverter for house hold loads.  (I have written about
this many times on this group)

A variation or this is would be to Diode isolate and
use two MX60s from the rectified 3 phase and have the
full 5 kW avaiable, I have NOT TRIED THIS!  and as
above the MX60s can still serve the soalr load.

Another of the choices would be to use only a single
leg of the generator, at 120 volts and of course only
one third of the power.  about 1.7 kW.

Anothor of the choices would  be to ues two legs of
the generator at 120-208 giving 1.7 kW Max on each
leg.  or a 3.4 kW generator on 208 volts.

Another option woudl be the above using a 208 to
120-240 transformer, this would give you 3.4 kW but
has the advangtage of 3.4kW on either of the 120 legs,
not both however, and true 240 on the split phase..
(this would be a speratly derived system and you would
not use the neutral of the generator, but rather
establish a neutral for the transformer secondary.
Darryl

http://click.topica.com/caaeTvYbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ Zoobooks

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php