cheap diesel generator [RE-wrenches]

Bob Ellison ellison at gisco.net
Sun May 21 04:14:01 PDT 2006

Dave,
I just saw one similar to that at Sam's Club, I will check and see if they
are the same. If they meet the new emission specs they have to be a fairly
clean burning engine. Diesels are more efficient than gas engines but the
newer ones are a "high speed" engine so they will not have the almost
legendary long life that the old low rpm diesels had. The old ones had a max
rpm of 2000 or so and would live for years, the newer ones will turn up to
3600 rpm so they are not expected to live as long.

Probably better than a gas engine and fairly easy to work on, the engines
are simple and Yanmar has been building diesels for years. Alternator parts
are probably what you would be looking for first, but I have not heard of
this one.
It might help to mail them to see who builds the alternator. That could be
the deciding factor.

Bob