Favorite tool [RE-wrenches] - pathfinder

William Miller wrmiller at charter.net
Wed May 10 22:01:57 PDT 2006

<x-flowed>

Bill:

I can guess at what Randy may be thinking.  Using PV watts, each month's
production is different.  Therefore, shading in one month may mean less
degradation in output over another month.  I figure the shading for each
month and apply it to that month's predicted output for a "shading
de-rated" output.

If the shading is in the winter and is caused by a deciduous tree, I give
that hour half credit on the Pathfinder scale.  This is just my best
estimation.  Can you quantify the loss a bare branch makes on an array?

William Miller

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com