fx wish list ( was MX60 wish list) [RE-wrenches]

Geoff Greenfield Geoff at Third-Sun.Com
Fri May 5 06:32:23 PDT 2006

http://click.topica.com/caaeKAPbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PC Powerscan

How about coordination of the MX 60 with the fx on auto-equalizing cycle (in
gridtie mode).  I was told that fx driven auto equalization was too
dangerous... and I buy that.  but what about disabling the sell mode and
allowing voltage to climb when the mx60 autoeq timers call for it.

And I second the grid-tie cycle request of "db".

Another missing function that would extend our abilities would be a
not-quite net metering set up allowing us to offset power coming in but not
export it.  I have a lot of folks on rural co-ops that are not allowed to
net meter but would prefer it.  I am typically setting up grid-interactive
systems that charge from the grid when the PV can't support the loads, but
this is a lot more wear and tear on the batts, balancing load VS input is a
guessing game compounded by seasonality of input resource (2.2 hrs winter VS
6.6 summer) and finally the inefficiency of using the fx as a charger!  it
just kills overall system performance for customers motivated by reducing
their kwh from the belching OH coal plants!

Maybe I'm not setting up these systems right - do any other wrenches have
set point suggestions for this situation?

For a brighter energy future,

Geoff Greenfield
NABCEP Certified Energy Practitioner

THIRD SUN SOLAR & WIND POWER Ltd.