600vdc rated equipment [RE-wrenches]

Dan Rice danrice at scinternet.net
Wed Apr 19 23:05:03 PDT 2006

http://click.topica.com/caaeE3vbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PC Powerscan

Jeremy,

The most recent PSPV documentation I have is dated 8-02-05. The cover page
shows a reprint of the label that is affixed to the front cover of the PSPV.
This label, which includes the ETL listing symbol, states "Maximum voltage
600 VDC and 250 VAC." The product description in the instructions also
states that the PSPV is ETL listed for use with OBFH touch-safe fuse holders
for systems with open circuit voltages up to 600 VDC. The question of
whether or not fuses are required depends upon a number of factors: series
fuse rating of the module used, number of parallel strings, and the type of
inverter. (Contact me off list, and I can point you to a good, concise
description of how to determine when series string fusing is required). When
series fusing is required, you're correct in using the PSPV with the OBFH
fuse holders on your grid tie systems, provided you're using the correct
fuse type and amperage and you're not exceeding 600 VDC open circuit
voltage, corrected for your lowest expected temp, and provided your
inspector concurs.

Enjoy grid tie solar. Thanks for your help with the generator question.

Dan Rice
Abundant Sun, LLC.