Auto Gen with OB [RE-wrenches]

Christopher Freitas --- OutBack Power cfreitas at outbackpower.com
Fri Apr 14 15:58:56 PDT 2006

http://click.topica.com/caaeE3vbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PC Powerscan

David -

With the sealed versions of the FX we advise setting it up where the
turbo cooling fan operates only when the generator is signaled to run.
This works well as the FX only really needs the turbo while battery
charging.  I have even swapped the DC fan for an AC fan in the turbo
housing and had it simply powered by the generator itself.

Another option is to have the AGS (advanced generator start system)
direct its signal to the AUX output of the MX60 (if one is included in
the system).  The AGS system is actually in the MATE itself - so it can
use any product's AUX output on the network.

On the vented versions of the FX series inverter/chargers there is no
turbo required - so it's not an issue with these models.

You will need to provide a relay with a 12vdc coil for the inverter's
AUX output to signal the Kohler's start system.

We will have a solution to these situations in the not-so-distant
future...

David Palumbo wrote:

> What are people doing for gen auto control (start/stop)with OB
> inverters.

Christopher Freitas
OutBack Power Systems, Inc.
cfreitas @ outbackpower.com