Soft Motor Starts on Pumps [RE-wrenches]

Jeff Clearwater clrwater at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 6 08:16:46 PST 2006

<x-flowed>
Travis,

I imagine you're right on the demand charges for the on-grid case -
though the other benefits of soft motor starts may be worth it
(equipment wear, piping trauma and water hammer on pumps, run-time
efficiency gains - at least that's what the motor control sales
powerpoint says! . . . )

  . . . . but actually what I'm really after is the inverter surge
reduction on the off-grid case.

Thanks!

Jeff

--