to equalize or not, that is zee question [RE-wrenches]

Ezra Auerbach, DragonSun Consulting ezra at lasqueti.net
Tue Feb 14 07:44:45 PST 2006

Get your VoIP on with Packet8's Videophone.
Crystal clear images of your loved ones. Free Month.
30 day money back guarantee. 1-877-868-1135
http://click.topica.com/caaer6Ebz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ TMONE

Marco,

My experience about maintaining back up batteries agrees with David's
recommendations. I'd lean more to the 60% DOD on the discharge cycle. I'm
not sure that he answered your question about equalizing. In addition to the
cycle charge which David recommended I would also suggest equalizing about
twice a year.

There's a number of ways to accomplish the eq charge but one of my favorites
it to eq just after a cycle charge. I run the batteries down at night, use
the inverter/charger to replenish capacity during the morning and let the
afternoon sun perform the eq charge (set your controller to eq). The fact
that the day will end ensures a nice bit of self requlation on the eq time.

Ezra Auerbach
DragonSun Consulting