PC program for plans [RE-wrenches]

William Miller wrmiller at charter.net
Thu Jan 19 12:54:45 PST 2006

Jumpstart your love life at AmericanSinglesR.com.
Meet someone in your area today. Millions of member profiles.
Create a profile, post photos and search for free.
http://click.topica.com/caaemrrbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Spark Network

Kelly:

For schematics we use Visio.  I prefer the older version, 4.1T.  The T is
for technical which includes some important feature sets.  You should be
able to purchase this on e-bay. I have some stencils on my web site and I
can provide more if anyone would like.

For any dimensioned drawings, I use Microstation.   This is the second most
popular after AtuoCAD.  I recommend highly you get a 3D program and begin
with 2D projects.  If you are attending any institutes of learning, you may
be eligible for significant discounts.

The learning curve for Visio is pretty shallow. For any 3D CAD package it
can be steep.  Buy one or two third party books and be prepared to spend
some time.  After three or four years, I have recouped the learning time
one hundred fold.

William Miller

At 09:39 AM 1/19/2006, Kelly Larson wrote:
>Dear wrenches,
>
>I just got my contractor's license and am starting to draw up more
>plans.  I wonder what PC programs any of you use to make electrical
>drawings.  Do any of them have short-cuts to help in where things,
>(receptacles, etc),  need to be?  Any have provisions for equipment found
>in RE systems?
>
>Thank you in advance for any help!
>
>Happy day,
>Kelly

Shopping for a new car?
Pay 2-3% below invoice on a new car of your choice.
Save thousands with our free car discount finder service!
http://click.topica.com/caaemrqbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/Dealix

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com