Xantrex Sun tie inverter [RE-wrenches]

Jay Peltz, Peltz Power jay at asis.com
Sat Nov 25 08:39:59 PST 2006

<x-flowed>

Hi All,

Have got a very unusual installation.
1. very load head hydro 15'
2. grid tie, battery less ( hopefully)  Yep feeding the inverter with
the hydro.

Since the low head precludes using a high voltage turbine, the only
low voltage machine I can come up with is the old
Suntie XTR, which I got for free. Max VOC 120.
Measured voltage at turbine in test VOC is around 150, working around
75-90v.

So what are my chances?? or will this go up in smoke.
Who would know?

And on that note, since I'm not totally up to date on all the grid
tie inverters out there, is there one that
can work at this low voltage? with wattages up to around 1200 or so.??
The small one from SMA might work, but with having to change the dip
switches for different voltages, thought it might be a problem.

Thanks,
jay

Peltz Power

- - - -