Xantrex 3.0 [RE-wrenches]

Matt Lafferty mlafferty at universalenergies.com
Wed Oct 11 08:47:05 PDT 2006

Brother & Sister Wrenches,

Several GT's have gone down on us.  All 3.0's on 240VAC by the way.  I don't
have the service records handy at the moment, but the total is somewhere in
the 8-10 unit range.  This is out of approximately 60 to 70 units installed.

Most failures have shown up within 6 months of installation with a couple
DOA.  All but 2 of them reported "AC Not Present" on the displays... Which
of course was patently false... Three other non-Wrench installers that I've
talked with have reported the same "fault" on multiple installations.

We track serial numbers and there hasn't been a correlation so far.  I hope
we don't start seeing 1yr+ failures.

Matt Lafferty
mlafferty at universalenergies.com